Senior Mechanical Engineer
SEC is seeking to hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer with the unique ability to both design and manage projects, and to coordinate our sub-consultants’ design responsibilities. Duties include full project design responsibilities to include HVAC and plumbing design, equipment selection, mechanical plan layout, specification writing, cost estimating, coordination with other consultants, client interaction, and enhanced construction administration services or commissioning. This position involves working on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Some local and state travel will be required to perform field investigations, coordinate design requirements, and to build client relations.
The qualifications required for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Mechanical Engineering, with PE license required.
- Minimum 10 years consulting engineer design experience including engineering of central plants with associated utility systems and HVAC systems, from concept to completion.
- Candidate must be an active member of ASHRAE.
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop approaches to projects independently and perform detailed execution of mechanical design.
- Ability to be creative (think outside the box of normal design).
- Strong verbal, graphic and written skills for communicating with coworkers, other engineers, clients, and code authorities.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal ambition and work ethic.
- Solid working knowledge of the International Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire, Energy Conservation, and Fuel Gas codes.
- Robust working knowledge of the ASHRAE, ASME, NFPA, and other industry related standards.
- Desire to be a team player and ability to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace, Pipe-Flo, CAE-Pipe, MS Office, and other design related software.
- Ability to obtain security clearance to secure sites.
- Confirmation of employment eligibility using E-Verify.
We are an aggressive small consulting firm with a reputation for providing quality design services. These quality design services have allowed us to build relationships and maintain loyal repeat clients. Our clientele includes federal, military, state, and city agencies, colleges and universities, industrial, and several Fortune 500 companies. We specialize in design of central heating/cooling plants, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, utilities infrastructure, industrial ventilation systems, and control systems. The majority of our project experience is as the prime consultant allowing us to select the best sub-consultants to support our clients’ needs. This aspect of our services allows us to take on complex, multi-million-dollar projects and complete them effectively, on time, and on budget.
Visit our website at: https://secengr.com for further information regarding our firm.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including a fully-paid health care plan, fully vested retirement plan, and annual bonus/employee stock purchase plans.
We invite you to join our team and expand your skills as a leader and engineer! Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.